jess marie. las vegas. more on me.
i watch a hell of a lot of tv and also occasionally movies and read comics. and i tend to be a little psychotic at times. if any of that bothers you then don't follow.
i have a few amazing friends on here. like my avengers family.
i don't bite, you can talk to me.
But I managed to keep myself together while reading the Dalton updates… well, right up until here, that is.
Dwight sank against him, sobbing hard, following him as he led him back to the others.
Because to me, this line is the complete antithesis of Dwight. And I’m terribly sorry to say, this post is about to turn into an essay.
This was completely unsettling to me, because this is Dwight. Dwight who faced Dave freaking Karofsky with a sprayer of holy water, who noticed something was wrong with Kurt in the second chapter, who fell several storeys out of a window and kept going to warn people about Adam.
Dwight is strong. The last time we saw Dwight breaking down, it was when Shane returned from the mountains. It was when he saved someone, when he couldn’t save Alan. He managed to help make something okay again, and that was when he lost it.
Dwight doesn’t rely on other people. If anything, he discourages them from helping him. Think of the way he treated Laura. Think of the way he reacted when the art hall was on fire. He didn’t want anyone to be in trouble. He doesn’t want to get people involved because he knows it’s dangerous.
And what really undid me was following him. Because Dwight is a leader, not a follower. He doesn’t let people help him, he doesn’t let people order him around, he doesn’t truly trust a lot of people. And here he is, following Kurt, letting Kurt lead him around. He’s empty- he can’t even bear to move himself, he needs to lean on someone and let them lead him, and that must be so hard for him, to let someone care about him instead of caring about them.
That’s what completely undid me. Dwight, who is in so many ways one of my heroes, sobbing and falling all over himself and letting someone lead him around.
That was what broke my heart.
- canadianwiles reblogged this from cpcoulter
- killianthehero reblogged this from rictors
- killianthehero likes this
- bobsurteapot reblogged this from rictors
- bobsurteapot likes this
- thetwicedeadoswald reblogged this from rictors
- busybeingtv likes this
- sparklingmagnus reblogged this from cpcoulter
- kaoruken reblogged this from cpcoulter
- the-count-of-monte-cristo reblogged this from rictors
- loganhasseenthelight reblogged this from rictors
- millielikestea reblogged this from rictors
- blueandbubbles likes this
- daltonismynewcanon likes this
- addisonryder reblogged this from rictors
- thisismygreenlight likes this
- reedfangirl likes this
- 3-2-1wecametofuck reblogged this from cpcoulter
- julscullenmeyer likes this
- becausenoothernameisavailable reblogged this from rictors and added:
- brittanyrawrlynch reblogged this from cpcoulter
- join-in-with-the-robot-beat likes this
- captaincrieff-rogers likes this
- julian-larson likes this
- starsickle69 likes this
- avengersofgallifrey likes this
- kickchrisinthephanny likes this
- lastandlive likes this
- yolokiarchive likes this
- safe-is-relative reblogged this from rictors
- notafuckingwaitress reblogged this from cpcoulter
- gleekasaurus reblogged this from rictors
- floraljehans reblogged this from forgivemeannabelle
- nanasaru reblogged this from rictors
- ambarredstrands likes this
- lynx-panther reblogged this from rictors
- lynx-panther likes this
- nayeli13 likes this
- my-singing-soul reblogged this from cpcoulter
- awesomeawkwardalice reblogged this from cpcoulter and added:
- awesomeawkwardalice likes this
- thesonsofdurin reblogged this from rictors
- faceforasmile likes this
- wayfaringtraveler likes this
- agondolabuiltfortwo reblogged this from rictors and added:
- livs4music likes this
- sayitamelia likes this
- ninjamuggle reblogged this from rictors
- acreepyredhead reblogged this from cpcoulter
- ohmalley reblogged this from forgivemeannabelle